2022 World TeamTennis Junior Nationals
KATHERINE WILLETTE LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP
The 2022 Leadership Scholarship is an opportunity for junior players who participated in the 2022 World TeamTennis Junior Nationals in Orlando, Florida, July 19 –22. Based on essays describing their experiences participating in the WTT, each of the winning applicants, one boy and one girl, will be awarded a $500 scholarship from the Women’s Sports Foundation.
Only those players selected to play on a team in the 2021 WTT Junior Nationals are eligible to apply for the 2022 Leadership Scholarship. The essay is to be written by the participant in the event. The scholarship is NOT related in any way to “on-court performance.”
Content: the value of the content is 75% of the evaluation process. The essay should deliver your personal verbal reflection on your experience at the WTT event, focusing on at least three of the four following prompts:
- Lessons Learned
- Friendships Made
- Impact of the coed/team format on the individual player and his/her team
- Expression of a “life-changing” experience through participation in the event
Composition and Punctuation: the value of skills in composition and punctuation will be 25% of the evaluation process.
- Font: 12-point Times New Roman
- Line Spacing: 2x
- Length: the essay shall not exceed 500 words
- Format: Word Document
SUBMITTING YOUR ESSAY
- Complete the “Application” section
- Have your parent or guardian sign, where indicated, their approval of the submission of your essay to World TeamTennis
- Email the Application Page and your essay to Kathy Willette: [email protected]
- The deadline for receipt of your application and essay is September 1, 2022.
Enjoy the opportunity and experience, and as Billie Jean King would say, “Go for it!”