World TeamTennis Junior Nationals
- Opportunity: The 2019 Leadership Scholarship is an opportunity for junior players who participated in the 2019 World TeamTennis Junior Nationals in San Diego, California, July 21- July 24. Each of the winning applicants, one boy and one girl, will receive a $500 scholarship. Two (2) scholarships will be awardedOnly those players who were selected by their sectional representative or community tennis organizational representative to play on a team of 3 boys and 3 girls, representing their section or community tennis organization, are eligible to apply for the 2019 Leadership Scholarship. The Leadership Scholarship is NOT related in any way to “on-court performance.”
- Originality: The essay is to be written by the participant in the event.
OR a video can be created and produced by the participant in the event.
- Content: The value of the content is 75% of the evaluation process. The essay/video should be a personal reflection of your WTT Junior Nationals experience pertaining to at least three of the four following prompts:
- Lessons learned
- Friendships made
- Impact of the coed/team format on the individual player and his/her team
- Expressions of a “life changing” experience through participation in the event
- Length of Video/Essay: The essay must NOT exceed more that 500 words.
OR the video must NOT exceed more than three minutes.
- Composition and Punctuation: The value of skills in composition and punctuation will be 25% of the evaluation process. The value of skills in creativity, content and delivering a personal verbal reflection of your WTT Junior Nationals experience will be 25% of the evaluation process.
- Font: The essay should be typed in 12 point Times Roman font.
The video should be able to be viewed on a computer.(YouTube Video)
- Spacing: Use 2x spacing when typing your essay.
- Format: Word Document
Additional Information in order to submit your essay:
- Complete the “Application Section”
- Have your parent or guardian sign where indicated to indicate approval of your submission of the essay to World TeamTennis.
- The due date for the video or essay to be received is October 31, 2019.
- Email the Application Page and your essay/video to Kathy Willette ([email protected]).
- The video or essay is due on October 31, 2019 to Kathy Willette
- Did you attach both your application and essay/video to your email to Kathy?
- Have your parents signed the application section where indicated?
The WTT Leadership Scholarship will be awarded to one boy and to one girl.
The winning boy will receive a scholarship of $500 from: The Women’s Sports Foundation.
The winning girl will receive a scholarship of $500 from: The Women’s Sports Foundation.
Enjoy the opportunity and experience and as Billie Jean King would say, “Go For It!”