The schedule will open in excel. The first page is the divisions / teams. To find the schedule, click on the appropriate tabs at the bottom of the file.
2019 National Qualifier – Irvine
September 13 – 15
Orange Country Great Park Tennis Center
6950 Marine Way
Irvine, CA 92618
Tournament Director: Jennifer Smith (800) 832-6836 or [email protected]
Entry Deadline: August 30th
MATCHES WILL BE PLAYED OUTDOORS ON HARD COURTS.
- Winning teams of any official World TeamTennis (WTT) local league division are eligible to attend one National Qualifier within 12 months from the date their local league ended. Teams may also compete in the qualifier immediately following the 12 months. If the winning team is unable to compete in any National Qualifier within the 12 months plus the immediate qualifier, the second team will be able to attend within the same time frame.
- For every four (4) teams in any official WTT local league division, one (1) team will qualify.
- All players must provide an NTRP rating. Ratings from the start of the local league will be used. If a player has not played in a USTA league to generate a rating, a self-rating will be accepted. Additional rating information can be found at http://www.wtt.com/page.aspx?article_id=92
- All players must be registered WTT members and must be at least 18 years of age prior to the start of the National Qualifier. All players participating in the Senior divisions must be at least 50 years of age (or 60 if playing in the Super Senior divisions) within the calendar year.
- Teams entering the Senior or Super Senior divisions qualify to attend a National Qualifier by either winning their local league or tournament (if one is available) or by assembling a team if a local league or tournament is not available. Assembled teams will use the most current NTRP ratings on file.
- Only those players registered on the original local league roster are eligible to play in a National Qualifier. All players must have played at least two (2) local matches for their qualifying team. A team must have played at least three (3) matches. A maximum of 10 rostered players per team may participate.
- Each team attending will be allowed to add one (1) alternate player to their National Qualifier roster as long as he/she is registered and played in at least two matches in any official WTT local league(s) within 14 months of the National Qualifier. If the alternate is coming from the league/season in which the team qualified, the alternate player is able to use their rating from the start of the local league (unless their rating has been adjusted more than 1/2 a point). If the alternate is coming from a league/season that is different than the league/season that the team qualified, they must use their most current rating on file.
- List all team members on your entry, even those not attending. Only those players listed on the National Qualifier entry are eligible to compete at the WTT Nationals.
- Rosters (including NTRP ratings) and photo I.D.’s will be check, prior to and at the tournament, respectively.
- A player may compete on two (2) teams at the same National Qualifier as long as the teams are in different divisions. No special scheduling will be accommodated.
- Teams are guaranteed a minimum of two matches.
- The first 16 completed entries for each division will be guaranteed a spot in the event.
- Confirmation letters will be sent to team captains at least one week prior to the event.
- Final decisions will be made by the tournament director.
|3.0 & under||Senior 3.5 & under||Super Senior 3.5 & under|
|3.5 & under||Senior 4.0 & under||Super Senior 4.0 & under|
|4.0 & under||Senior 4.5 & under|
|4.5 & under|
HOW TO DETERMINE WHAT DIVISION YOUR TEAM IS ELIGIBLE FOR:
- The average NTRP rating of the top two men and top two women is used to determine a team’s level of competition. For example:
The best 4 players are: 4.0 + 4.0 + 4.0 + 3.5 = 15.5
15.5 divided by 4 players = 3.8
This team would compete in the 4.0 & under division
- With the exception of the Super Senior (60+) divisions, the standard WTT format will be used (two courts; six sets; six games per set; nine-point tiebreaker at five games all; no-ad scoring; play service lets).
- The Super Senior (60+) divisions will not play singles and will play eight games per set with a nine-point tiebreaker at seven games all.
- In the event of inclement weather, the five set (one court) format may be used.
Friday, September 13
1:30pm Captain’s meeting – each team must have one representative at the meeting
3:00pm First round matches begin
Saturday, September 14
8:00am Tournament play continues
Sunday, September 15
8:00am Tournament play continues
4:00pm Tournament play completed
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine – Spectrum
Irvine, CA 92618
ENTRY DEADLINE & FEE:
- Entry form (to be completed online) and fee is due by Friday, August 30th. No late entries will be accepted.
- Entry fee is $300.00 per team. Online payment or check payable to WTT accepted. Tournament director can also collect credit card information over the phone for those not comfortable paying online.
- Entry fee includes balls, court time, awards, and much more! Awards will be presented to the Champion and Finalist team members present in each division.