2020 National Qualifier – Las Vegas
May 8 – 10
Darling Tennis Center
7901 West Washington Avenue
Tournament Director: Jennifer Smith (800) 832-6836 or [email protected]
Entry Deadline: April 24th or as divisions fill up, whichever comes first
ALL MATCHES WILL BE PLAYED OUTDOORS ON HARD COURTS
ADDITIONAL SITES WILL BE USED
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PLAY?
- Winning teams of any official World TeamTennis (WTT) local league division are eligible to attend one National Qualifier within 12 months from the date their local league ended. Teams may also compete in the qualifier immediately after the 12 months. If the winning team is unable to compete in any National Qualifier within the 12 months, plus the immediate qualifier, the second place team will become eligible to attend within the same timeframe.
- For every four (4) teams in any official WTT local league division, one (1) team will qualify.
- All players must provide an NTRP rating. Ratings from the start of the local league will be used. If a player has not played in a USTA league to generate a rating, a self-rating will be accepted. Additional rating information can be found at http://www.wtt.com/page.aspx?article_id=92
- All players must be registered WTT members and must be at least 18 years of age prior to the start of the National Qualifier. All players participating in the Senior division must be at least 50 years of age within the calendar year. All players in the Super Senior division must be at least 60 years of age within the calendar year.
- Teams entering the Senior and Super Senior divisions qualify to attend a National Qualifier by either winning their local league or tournament (if one is available) or by assembling a team if a local league or tournament is not available. If a team is assembled, the current NTRP ratings of the players will be used.
- Only those players registered on the original local league roster are eligble to play in a National Qualifier. All players must have played at least two (2) local matches for their qualifying team. A team must have played at least three (3) matches. A maximum of 10 rostered players per team may participate. This max of 10 players includes the alternate player.
- Each team will be allowed to add one (1) alternate player to their National Qualifier roster. This alternate player must be registered for and played in at least two matches for any WTT league held within the past 14 months. If this player is being added from the same local league season the team qualified from, they may use their NTRP rating from the time of that league. If this player is being added from a different league or different local league season, they must use their current NTRP rating.
- List all team members on your entry, even those not attending. Only those players listed on the National Qualifier entry are eligible to compete at the Nationals. Maximum roster size is 10 players.
- Rosters (including NTRP ratings) and photo I.D.’s will be check, prior to and at the tournament, respectively.
- A player may compete on two (2) teams at the same National Qualifier as long as the teams are in different divisions. No special scheduling will be accommodated.
- Teams are guaranteed a minimum of two matches.
- The first 16 completed entries for each division will be guaranteed a spot in the event.
- Confirmation letters will be sent to team captains at least one week prior to the event.
- Final decisions will be made by the tournament director.
3.0 & under
3.5 & under
4.0 & under
4.5 & under
Senior 3.5 & under
Senior 4.0 & under
Senior 4.5 & under
Super Senior 3.5 & under
Super Senior 4.0 & under
HOW TO DETERMINE WHAT DIVISION YOUR TEAM IS ELIGIBLE FOR:
The average NTRP rating of the top two men and top two women is used to determine a team’s level of competition. For example:
John 4.0 Sally 3.5
Alex 4.0 Joan 4.0
Mike 3.5 Ann 3.5
The best 4 players are: 4.0 + 4.0 + 4.0 + 3.5 = 15.5
15.5 divided by 4 players = 3.8
This team would compete in the 4.0 & under division
- With the exception of the Super Senior division, the standard WTT format will be used (two courts; six sets; six games per set; nine-point tiebreaker at five games all; no-ad scoring; play service lets).
- The Super Senior division will not play singles and will play eight games per set with a nine-point tiebreaker at seven games all. All other rules will remain the same.
- In the event of inclement weather, the five set (one court) format may be used.
Friday, May 8
NOON – Captain’s meeting – each team must have one representative at the meeting
1:30pm – First round matches begin
7:30pm – Tournament play completed for the day
Saturday, May 9
8:00am – Tournament play continues
8:00pm – Tournament play completed for the day
Sunday, May 10
8:00am – Tournament play continues
3:30pm – Tournament play completed
**Note the finishing times for both Friday and Saturday. Scheduling requests due to show tickets will not be accommodated. Draws will be posted about a week prior to the tournament.
Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
3000 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109
$179 per room per night (taxes & resort fee not included) for Wednesday ; $89 per room per night (taxes & resort fee not included) for Thursday – Saturday ; $59 per room per night (taxes & resort fee not included) for Sunday. The resort fee has been reduced to $25 per room, per day.
Group rate is valid until April 7, 2020 or until the room block is sold out, whichever comes first. Call 1-800-635-7711 and mention Group Code: SGWTT0 or the WORLD TEAM TENNIS to receive the discounted rate.
Online Passkey link: https://book.passkey.com/go/SGWTT0
Suncoast Hotel & Casino
9090 Alta Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89145
$57 per room per night for Thursday & Sunday. $101 per room per night for Friday & Saturday. Taxes & resort fee not included.
To make a reservation, visit the hotel website www.suncoastcasino.com and select the “stay” tab and then “group reservations”. The Group code is: WORLD05
ENTRY DEADLINE & FEE:
- Entry forms (to be completed online) and fee is due by Friday, April 24th.
- No late entries will be accepted.
- Entry fee is $350.00 per team. Online payment or check accepted. Tournament director can also collect credit card information over the phone for those not comfortable with paying online.
- Entry fee includes balls, court time, awards, and much more! Awards will be presented to the Champion and Finalist team members present in each division.