2020 National Qualifier – Virginia Beach
April 17 – 19
Owl Creek Tennis Center
928 S. Birdneck Road
Entry Deadline: 4/3/2020
ALL MATCHES WILL BE PLAYED OUTSIDE ON HARD COURTS
THIS NATIONAL QUALIFIER IS FOR SENIOR AND SUPER SENIOR TEAMS ONLY
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PLAY?
- Teams qualify by either winning their local WTT SENIOR league or SENIOR tournament (if one is available) or by assembling a team if a local SENIOR league or SENIOR tournament is not available. If a team is assembled, that does not play in a local league, the current NTRP ratings of the players must be used.
- All players must provide an NTRP rating. If a player has not played in a USTA league to generate a rating, a self-rating will be accepted.
- All players entering the Senior divisions must be at least 50 years of age within the calendar year. All players in the Super Senior divisions must be at least 60 years of age within the calendar year.
- List all team members on your entry, even those not attending. Only those players listed on the National Qualifier entry are eligible to compete at the WTT Nationals.
- Rosters (including NTRP ratings) and photo I.D.’s will be check, prior to and at the tournament, respectively.
- A player may compete on two (2) teams at the same National Qualifier as long as the teams are in different divisions. No special scheduling will be accommodated.
- Teams are guaranteed a minimum of two (2) matches.
- The first four (4) completed entries for each division will be guaranteed a spot in the event.
- Confirmation letters will be sent to team captains at least one week prior to the event.
- Final decisions will be made by the tournament director.
Senior 3.5 & under
Senior 4.0 & under
Senior 4.5 & under
Super Senior 3.5 & under
Super Senior 4.0 & under
HOW TO DETERMINE WHAT DIVISION YOUR TEAM IS ELIGIBLE FOR:
The average NTRP rating of the top two men and top two women is used to determine a team’s level of competition. For example:
John 4.0 Sally 3.5
Alex 4.0 Joan 4.0
Mike 3.5 Ann 3.5
The best 4 players are: 4.0 + 4.0 + 4.0 + 3.5 = 15.5
15.5 divided by 4 players = 3.8
This team would compete in the 4.0 & under division
- With the exception of the Super Senior divisions, the standard WTT format will be used (two courts; six sets; six game pro sets; nine-point tiebreaker at five games all; no-ad scoring; play service lets).
- The Super Senior division will not play singles and will play eight game pro sets with a nine-point tiebreaker at seven games all. All other rules will remain the same.
Turtle Cay Resort
600 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451
$128 per night (taxes and resort fee not included). Resort fee is $14.95.
Cutoff date for reservations is March 17th. Call the reservations department at 1-800-438-2929 and mention group code: GVATENNIS or book online using the following link: https://www.diamondresortsandhotels.com/?MKC=GVATENNIS
Friday, April 17
1:30pm – Captain’s meeting – each team must have one representative at the meeting
3:00pm – First round matches begin
Saturday, April 18
9:00am – Tournament play continues
7:00pm – Tournament play completed for the day
Sunday, April 19
9:00am – Tournament play continues
4:00pm – Tournament play completed
ENTRY DEADLINE & FEE:
- Entry form (to be completed online) and fee is due by Friday, April 3rd.
- A $30.00 late entry fee will be assessed to any team registering after the entry deadline.
- Entry fee is $350.00 per team. Credit cards or checks accepted.
- Entry fee includes balls, court time, awards, and much more! Awards will be presented to the Champion and Finalist team members present in each division.