26th Anniversary World TeamTennis Junior Nationals
July 19-21, 2022
Please note that the following information is as of 4/17/2022. Additional information will be provided for you as we approach the event dates.
Tournament Host: USTA National Campus, July 19-21, 2022.
Arrival- Please make your airline reservations early in order to arrive in Orlando, Florida on Monday, July 18th no later than 5pm at the USTA National Campus.
Departure- Make your reservations for departure on July 21st following the Awards Ceremony no earlier than 4pm in order to provide time to get to the airport for the flight home. Airport security requires passengers to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before scheduled departure.
The coaches meeting will take place virtually, prior to arrival, or on July 18th, on site, (if allowed) at around 5pm.
Practice courts: Practice Courts will be available for each team, each morning of the event. Warm up courts and a tour of the campus will be between 5-7pm
Hotel Booking Links:
*The team will consist of 3 boys and 3 girls and a coach. Players must be selected from the most current USTA National Ranking List no later than May 1, 2021.
- Players listed 1-150 (as of June 1, 2022) on the USTA National Standing List will NOT be eligible to play in this event. ONLY players with ranking 150+ will be eligible.
- Players must be 14-18 years of age to be eligible to compete.
- Players who do not meet the criteria will not be allowed to participate in the 2022 WTT Junior Nationals.
Team Line Up: Coaches determine the team line-up for each match.
Court 1 Court 2
Girls Doubles Guys Doubles
Girls Singles Girls Singles
Guys Singles Guys Singles
Mixed Doubles Mixed Doubles
Tuesday, July 19: Arrive at the USTA National Campus at 7:30am. Coaches Check- in at 8am.
Team photos and Opening Ceremonies will begin at 8am.
Matches on Tuesday, July 19: Check -in at 8:30am
9am to approximately 11am: First round team matches
1pm to approximately 4pm: Second round team matches
Wednesday, July 20: Matches on Wednesday, June 30 : Check-in at 8:30am.
9am to approximately 11am: Third round team matches
1 pm to approximately 4pm: Fourth round team matches
Thursday, July 21: Matches on Thursday, July 1: Check-in at 8;30am.
9am to approximately 11am: Fifth round team matches
Awards Ceremony, July 21: 12:00: Team Awards and Team Spirit Award
The Team Spirit Award
The Team Spirit Award honors Maureen Connolly Brinker and is presented by The Maureen Connolly Brinker Tennis Foundation. The award is annually presented to a team participating in the WTT Junior Nationals that best exemplifies Maureen’s love of the game, her high regard for others, her competitive spirit and her commitment to fair play. Maureen learned to play tennis at a public park in San Diego, California and won all four grand slams in one year at the age of 16!! The team that is recognized as best exemplifying Maureen’s legendary contributions to the game of tennis is awarded a $1000 gift from the Maureen Connolly Brinker Foundation to be presented to the non-profit organization representing the team.
1. $530 team entry fee (a WTT Junior Nationals team is 3 boys and 3 girls and a coach)
The team entry fee includes the following items for each member of the team
– WTT membership
– electronic team photos for players and coach/chaperone
– Awards for first through fourth place teams
– Player and Coach gift bag
2. Hotel and Transportation
3. Daily Educational Seminars(College Coaches, Team Building, USTA High Performance)
- If families are interested in going to Disney for a few days, they should reach out to Delaine Mast ([email protected]) and she will provide a contact for setting up the arrangements.
- The Kathy Willette Essay Scholarship provides an opportunity for participants in the WTT Junior Nationals to write an essay about their experiences at the event. A $500 award is presented to a boy and a $500 award is presented to a girl to be used for tennis related activities.
For more information contact: Delaine Mast, [email protected] or (717)587-7184(c).